Friday, June 6, 2014

Curry

I am a huge fan of curry and so on Wednesday I made some chicken curry rice. For the curry I used onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, plain yogurt, a cinnamon stick, bay leaf, curry powder, and of course, chicken.
First I cut the onions and minced the garlic and ginger. I then put them in the pot and cooked them until the onions became a light brown. This was where I was supposed to add the curry powder but I kind of forgot and added the tomatoes and yogurt first. After I added the chicken I remembered and added the curry powder but I don't think it changed too much. Later I added the bay leaf and cinnamon stick. After making sure the chicken was cooked thoroughly we served it on top of white rice. Even with a little bit of a mess up, the food still tasted good and we finished on the first day. Usually my family takes a few days to finish curry rice. Anyway here's a couple of pictures of it.


As the school year ends, my project is coming to an end and this may be my last blog. I am going to make sure I keep cooking and hopefully figure out how to improvise my cooking. 

Kohki


2 comments:

  1. It's really cool that you were able to learn to make food on your own. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very good! I'm really hungry right now...

    ReplyDelete

Number of Fans