Saturday, April 12, 2014

Blog #2

I did almost nothing over spring break. I haven't started the cooking part yet but I did check out a book at the public library. It's called The No Recipe Cookbook by Susan Crowther. I haven't gotten very far into it but so far it's pretty interesting. It says that "Cooking is not about knowing how to follow perfect recipes. Cooking is about knowing how to cook." This is exactly what I have been wanting to learn about. Hoping I can find some time to finish this book soon.


Here is a picture of The No Recipe Cookbook

While I read this book I think I will start off with a few recipes to get used to the kitchen and figure out some of the basic tastes. I'm thinking of starting with some ratatouille because I love the movie and it isn't too difficult to make. We'll see how this turns out.

Kohki

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure anyone can follow a recipe to a certain degree, but I agree with you. My grandma doesn't use a lot of recipes, but she's the best cook I know! If you can use this book, I think it will help you to know how to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be able to cook without a recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Number of Fans